[freedomtowernight_edited.jpg] 26th Parallel: Firery Felines

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Firery Felines

From the wacky Sunday news files, courtesy of Reuters:

Cats use fax as toilet, spark house fire.

TOKYO (Reuters) - Two kittens picked the wrong place to relieve themselves when they urinated on a fax machine, sparking a fire that extensively damaged their Japanese owner's house.

Investigators in the western city of Kobe have concluded that the fire in January was caused by a spark generated when the urine soaked the machine's electrical printing mechanism.
The fire damaged the kitchen and living room before it was put out by the house's owner, who was treated for mild smoke inhalation, said Masahito Oyabu, a fireman at the Nagata fire station in central Kobe.
The kittens quickly ran to safety, he added.

"If you have a cat, or a dog for that matter, be careful where they urinate," Oyabu said. "Especially keep them away from electrical appliances and wires."

Ever heard of kitty litter? Better yet, take them outside.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Universal Spectator said...

Sounds like arson to me. A felonious feline.

12:40 PM, June 12, 2005  
Anonymous Juan Paxety said...

The article fails to report what the people did to make the cat so mad. Having had cats, I'm sure this was well planned revenge.

8:42 AM, June 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home