[freedomtowernight_edited.jpg] 26th Parallel: The Long Road

Sunday, June 26, 2005

The Long Road

I took a quick but looooooong road trip this weekend all the way up to Panama City Beach for my brother's wedding. I drove about 1300 miles between Friday morning and today, finally getting back home about an hour ago. I don't want to see the highway again for quite a while.

I don't know how professional truck drivers can endure endless hours and miles on the road. Of course, they probably don't have to deal with a 3-year-old in the car and a wife back home who is almost ready to have a baby! Fortunately, my wife's been doing OK the past couple of weeks, which enabled me to go to my brother's wedding. It was a beautiful ceremony on the beach as the sun was going down.

Thanks to Val for linking my "Soft Track to fidel" post on Babalu, I noticed it right before leaving town.

This week will be pretty eventful here at the offices of 26th Parallel. I hope to get a few posts in before my wife undergoes a C-section on Thursday to deliver our second daughter. After that, quite a few sleepless nights I'm sure!

1 Comments:

Blogger AmandaDufau said...

I was wondering if my "tocalla" had made her grand entrance...
Glad you had a safe trip.

8:55 AM, June 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home