[freedomtowernight_edited.jpg] 26th Parallel: Butterflies

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Butterflies

That's what's been swirling around in my stomach the last 2 days.

The reason? I found out last Friday that I am on the short list for a new job and big promotion at work. I am scheduled to be interviewed for the job tomorrow afternoon.

It's a position that I've been eyeing for a few years now, and this may be the last opportunity for quite a while. I'm not nervous because I don't have faith in my abilities. I'm nervous because the final decision is out of my control. In the end, I guess the best thing is to be confident and let God's will take over. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be. If it's not, then the worst that can happen is that I stay in my current position a bit longer - which is just fine. I have no right to complain when others out there are in jobs they truly hate. Besides, I've been blessed with many wonderful things throughout my life.

Any blog-positive thoughts and well wishes are greatly appreciated!

5 Comments:

Blogger A.M. Mora y Leon said...

Lots of blog-positive thoughts your way, Robert! And a little humble prayer too - hope it works out and it's the right job!

12:16 AM, August 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So will this mean more TV appearances?

Major positive thoughts of support heading your way, Robert.

7:50 AM, August 22, 2005  
Blogger Henry Louis Gomez said...

Good luck and Godspeed.

9:53 AM, August 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what happened, man, did you get it?
Give us an update ASAP!
Inquiring minds... want to know!
And as a high school teacher once wrote in my yearbook, I hope you *always* get what you deserve! At the time, I felt it was deeply insulting, probably due to my limited English at the time, but in retrospect, I realize what a wonderfully sage comment it is.
Good luck to ya!
Julio

10:42 AM, August 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well??? whats the word??

3:29 PM, August 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home