[freedomtowernight_edited.jpg] 26th Parallel: I'm Baaaaaack

Monday, October 17, 2005

I'm Baaaaaack

Well, I didn't go anywhere, but I've been away from the blog for a while. Basically, it's a combination of wrapping up my old job and starting my new job, increasing household chores, and an overall drop in interest in posting which started with Hurricane Katrina back in late August.

A lot of Cuba stuff that I would ordinarily post here I've been posting over at Babalu ever since Val made me a contributing writer (not that I've been doing much there either). I definitely don't plan on stopping my contributions to the king of Cuban-American blogs.

Frankly, I've gotten burned out on the same old conservative-bashing from our favorite Miami Herald columnists (namely those by the name of Pitts, Steinback, and Menendez) which have provided so much fodder for previous posts. It's the same old broken record, over and over again, and I don't have any interest in reading, let alone analyzing, their garbage.

It all adds up to less posts here at 26th Parallel. I plan on picking up the activity once I get the time, and the creative juices flowing once again. Perhaps I need a slight change of focus. Look for a bit more variety in the posts, a little less Cuba-centric and more locally-influenced which is kind of what I started out doing.

Stay tuned. I think I smell a food post coming! And in the meantime, take a look below at the next distraction to my posting schedule:


Courtesy of National Hurricane Center

4 Comments:

Blogger Val Prieto said...

Robert, thanks for the "king of Cuban blogs" reference. I am humbled. The blog malaise happens every so often. I get it all the time. My advice is to just write your own stuff. Like that food post above, or a family anecdote,etc.. Sometimes, taking on the Pitts and Steinbecks of the MSM world feels like battling windmills.

8:39 AM, October 18, 2005  
Blogger Robert said...

Val,

The king of Cuban blogs reference is more than deserved.

I figured I would go into a rut eventually. Your advice is well taken and I plan to follow it. Not every post has to be a serious one.

5:28 PM, October 18, 2005  
Blogger Henry Louis Gomez said...

Robert,

I can relate. I for one can tell you that I'm interested in your personal musings. Whatever floats your boat. Hey it could be fiction, whatever. I'm gonna start carrying a notepad with me to write down blogging ideas. Sometimes I think, I could write a page on such and such and then I forget. Anyway take care and good luck with the new job.

12:41 AM, October 19, 2005  
Blogger Sirimba said...

Happy to read all the updates... best of luck with the new job... I had been slacking on the post myself cuz I too am going through job transition and a crazy personal time... but thinks are back to normal... keep up the great work!

11:48 AM, October 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home