[freedomtowernight_edited.jpg] 26th Parallel: 10,000

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

10,000

No, it's not my age. It's a milestone that 26th Parallel has just reached.

At 11:32 PM yesterday, January 23rd, this blog received it's 10,000th visitor. It took nearly 10 months and over 260 posts, but we finally got there. Visitors have come from all parts of the United States and Canada, Asia, Europe, South America, and yes, Cuba.

The 10,000th visitor was from Mendon, Massachusetts. If this is you, please stop by the 26th Parallel gift shop to receive your special prize.

Exactly one year ago, I knew very little about blogs, let alone thought that I would have one in the near future. The turning point was when I read this article in the Miami Herald. That's when I discovered the world of blogging, and I haven't looked back since.

Along the way, I've met some fascinating and very nice people, either on-line or in person. People committed to a cause, not for monetary or other selfish reasons, but because they care.

At the top of the list is the daddy of many a Cuban-American blog, Val Prieto and Babalu. I immediately got hooked to Babalu, and it eventually inspired me to start this blog. Little did I know or even imagine that I would eventually be asked to become a contributing writer to that prestigious blog. I'm still not sure I deserve that honor.

Val, thanks for your inspiration and support. I will continue to do my part to help spread the truth about Cuba.

To the rest of my small but loyal group of readers (I know who you are!), thanks for your kind words of support which have given me motivation to continue on with this despite my busy schedule.

To everyone on my blog rolls over at the right sidebar, you all have served as an inspiration to me. Whether Cuban-American, South Florida-related or neither, the blogs listed at the right have all provided me with insights and knowledge that have helped to shape and fuel my own thoughts and words. I may not agree 100% with everything posted at all of those blogs, but I believe that we all have room to grow and consider opposing points of view.

Gracias, merci, and a heartfelt THANKS to all of you for helping me reach this milestone. I hope to reach 100,000 soon! ;)

5 Comments:

Blogger Val Prieto said...

Thank you, Robert, for adding your our isnightful wisdom and thoughts and lucidity to blogdom. It is, indeed, a much better place with you here in it.

Gracias, mijo.

12:42 PM, January 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go, Robert. Enjoying the dialogue and the unique insight offerred by your writings.

Now if I could only convince you to move farther left....

:]

1:36 PM, January 24, 2006  
Blogger Henry Louis Gomez said...

Congrats Robert. Proud to be among the 10,000 Plus.

5:06 PM, January 24, 2006  
Blogger AmandaDufau said...

Congrats, Robert!
Thank you for being you.

9:09 PM, January 24, 2006  
Blogger Robert said...

Thanks everyone! Your comments have made my day.

9:19 AM, January 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home