[freedomtowernight_edited.jpg] 26th Parallel: U.S.: Cuba Can Play

Friday, January 20, 2006

U.S.: Cuba Can Play

The hot topic over at Babalu is the United States' reversal of their previous decision to allow Cuba to participate in the World Baseball Classic.

I've made my feelings known in previous posts here, so I won't reiterate my initial feelings.

However, I will say that I sincerely feel for those Cuban-Americans who are upset at today's decision to allow Cuba to play. I understand their reasons, they are valid and from the heart. Nothing is easy when it comes to U.S. - Cuba relations, and I surely don't feel any better now that the Cuban baseball team is coming.

There are no real victors, just a lot of losers, mainly the Cuban people of course.

Let's turn this decision, whether we agree with it or not, into something positive. Let's continue to hammer away at public opinion and the MSM.

Let's do it with images and words, and with the truth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home