[freedomtowernight_edited.jpg] 26th Parallel: One Year

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

One Year

It's hard to believe, but this humble blog turns 1 today.

I still remember wracking my brain trying to come up with a name for the blog: Straddling the Hyphen (no cute jokes Manola), On the Hyphen, Cuban-American connoisseur (just kidding), and countless others that I have forgotten. Thank goodness I came to my senses and "26th Parallel" fell on my lap.

I think I've pretty much stuck to my original focus, with a few deviations and inactivity mixed in. Thanks to all of you who read this blog, it's still hard to believe that anyone out there is interested in reading my thoughts. Strange thing, this blogging stuff can be. I just wish I had more time for it.

Thanks to all the fine blogs listed in my blogroll, for your inspiration and support. Thanks to all the blogs which I frequently visit but haven't had the chance to add to my blogroll yet.

I must, of course, give special thanks to my blogdad Val for lighting the blogging fire inside of me.

Here's a look back at an early post on Spring in South Florida which is once again upon us (too bad most of the yellow tabs got blown down by Katrina and Wilma).

Gracias. Merci. Thanks.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go, Robert. And thanks for the continuing education.

:)

7:23 AM, March 29, 2006  
Blogger Val Prieto said...

Felicidades Robert! I cannot even begin to express how proud I am to be in such good company and to have been that small spark that lit this huge fire.

May you have many many more Blogbirthdays.

8:17 AM, March 29, 2006  
Blogger La Ventanita said...

Happy Birthday Robert!!!!! One year is a great accomplishment and as Val says, have many many more!!!

Next week I'll still be a newborn, 3rd month. It's good to have brothers like you, and of course fathers like Val.

9:08 AM, March 29, 2006  
Blogger Maria de los Angeles said...

Felicidades, hermano blogger! Y que celebremos por muchos años mas!

M

('straddling the hyphen' ... vale, que fama tengo!)

7:39 PM, March 29, 2006  
Blogger Robert said...

Sorry Manola...couldn't resist. You've been a bad influence on me! ;)

9:48 PM, March 29, 2006  
Blogger AmandaDufau said...

Felicidades, Robert! May you have many, many more.

9:07 AM, March 30, 2006  
Blogger Orlando Furioso said...

Congratutlations! Continued success.

9:18 AM, March 30, 2006  
Blogger Alfredo said...

Congratulations mi hermano! keep on blogging you voice against the tyranny is needed

6:49 PM, March 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home