[freedomtowernight_edited.jpg] 26th Parallel: ManCamp Gets Some Pub

Sunday, April 23, 2006

ManCamp Gets Some Pub

I couldn't help but grin from ear to ear when I saw this spread in the Home and Garden section of the Herald today. It's none other than 26th Parallel's Blogdad and patriarch of Miami Cuban-American bloggers, Babalu's Val Prieto and his ManCamp.

Check out the article at the link above, it's well worth the read and gives a pretty good picture (both literally and figuratively) of Val's backyard retreat.

While you're at it, go over to Babalu and congratulate Val.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorta like a doghouse, I'd say.

Makes the guy who's not married and has the whole house to do whatever he wants with look like a genius.

Having to sit in the backyard in hot, humid South Florida in order to recoup my need for privacy?

No thanks.

12:02 PM, April 23, 2006  
Blogger Robert said...

That's what the awning covering ManCamp is for...shade.

One of the reasons people flock here is to do exactly what Val does every day, to be able to go out to your backyard 200-300 days out of the year.

I don't know what I would do if I couldn't go out in my own backyard, even in August. Maybe move to Ohio.

With all due respect to the Buckeye State, no thanks!

12:42 PM, April 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robert:

I love being outdoors and play golf year round.

Call me crazy, but sitting on the back patio when it's 90 degrees and humid, with or without shade, just to get some privacy and watch my favorite TV show just doesn't sound like fun.

But, then again, if I was married, I too might look at this as my little piece of paradise and the high point of my day.

Who knows, the next logical step might be to move a single bed out there.

.

1:04 PM, April 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home