[freedomtowernight_edited.jpg] 26th Parallel: Mid-Week Quick Hits

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Mid-Week Quick Hits

Some quick hits on this Wednesday:

- No Shaq and no Wade for much of the second half against the defending conference champs?
No problem.

- The Marlins string together 2 in a row, and finally walk off with a win in the 9th inning.

- Speaking of the Marlins, whatever happened to their "threat" to leave South Florida for San Antonio? Hint: the deadline for a deal over there was 9 days ago.

- Ana Menendez takes on Cuba Nostalgia, and totally misses the point.

- Speaking of Ana Menendez, God help us if the Herald makes her start her own blog! Imagine all the wonderful fodder she would provide for us right-leaning Cuban American hacks.

- When the heck is rainy season going to start? I recently layed down some sod and I'm getting tired of watering it daily.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tere said...

I don't in any way consider myself right-leaning (nor left, either), but really, that was a bit much.

I really have no opinion of her, but I have to say that by the time I finish reading her columns I usually feel either that she's looking for the gunman in the grassy knoll in every topic she tackles, or that she's a total Debbie Downer, like, nothing can ever just be for the sake of being; nothing can be enjoyable without something nefarious lurking underneath.

Ay. I've got a bit of the cynic and pessimist in me, but man, she totally overdoes it.

11:01 AM, May 24, 2006  
Blogger Robert said...

Tere,

Your evaluation of her columns is right on the money. I feel the exact same way after reading her stuff.

I am far from the most cynical person in the world, but there is always a snide remark or backhanded compliment in every Menendez column.

1:16 PM, May 24, 2006  
Blogger Henry Louis Gomez said...

Robert if YOU don't know when it's going to rain, then coño, how are any of us supposed to know?

5:00 PM, May 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home