[freedomtowernight_edited.jpg] 26th Parallel: Miami Bloggers Gather

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Miami Bloggers Gather

Last night, a group of Miami bloggers, yours truly included, attended a gathering at one of Miami's most venerable institutions: Tobacco Road.

I haven't checked the other bloggers' postings this morning because I wanted to write this post purely from my perspective.

First and foremost, thanks to Alesh of Critical Miami for putting this event together. Much like a blind date, initial meeting the bloggers was a little awkward. However, unlike most blind dates, the end result was quite rewarding.

I won't mention anyone specifically by name since I don't want to leave anyone out, but I honestly enjoyed meeting and talking to every single one of you. Despite our differences in opinion on many subjects, a camaraderie was evident. When the veil is lifted on the person behind the blog, you get to see the whole person, not just words and names on a computer screen. You begin to picture the motivation behind their opinions and thoughts. Most importantly, you realize that they are just like you: someone who wants to communicate and connect with others via this strange and wonderful thing called blogging.

One thing is for sure: I'll never see the Miami bloggers and their web sites the same way again.

Here's to more gatherings in the not too distant future!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could've been there. Had it not been for the wedding, the boating, and the road trip in between all that, I would have definitely been there. Definitely next time though.

12:53 PM, August 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home