[freedomtowernight_edited.jpg] 26th Parallel: Another New Year

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Another New Year

I've never been big on New Year's Day. Not to say that it's just another day, but to me it's down on the list of significant holidays, probably on par with Labor Day.

Because of this, I don't recall ever making any formal New Year's resolutions. Sure, I've made mental notes of things that I would like to do differently or totally new. But often, I look back at the old year as a series of positive and negative events which occurred rather randomly.

Nevertheless, January 1st is a natural time of reflection and of looking ahead.

Here's what I hope to accomplish in 2007:
  • Spend more fun time with the family.
  • See South Florida like a tourist.
  • Do a better job of understanding those with whom I disagree with (yes Rick this includes you).
  • Continue to stand up for what I believe in (not necessarily contradictory to the previous item).
  • Drink more water.
  • Read more.
  • Stress less.
  • Organize my garage.
  • Get a dog.
  • Stop procrastinating.
And barring an unexpected medical turnaround from you know who, I sincerely hope to write "the post".

Happy New Year!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger The Florida Masochist said...

Happy New Year.

11:08 AM, January 01, 2007  
Blogger Rick said...

You have a good one, Robert.

.

1:09 PM, January 01, 2007  
Blogger Steve ("Klotz" As In "Blood") said...

Happy New Year.
Rethink the dog.

9:42 AM, January 02, 2007  
Blogger Alex said...

Happy New Year Robert. Ditto what Steve says. Resist!

1:34 PM, January 02, 2007  
Blogger Robert said...

I already have 2 kids and a pool. What difference can a measly dog make to my already busy home life?

3:38 PM, January 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home