[freedomtowernight_edited.jpg] 26th Parallel: Post-Cuba Nostalgia Thoughts

Monday, May 21, 2007

Post-Cuba Nostalgia Thoughts

Another Cuba Nostalgia came and went this past weekend. As usual, it was another fun event and I was very fortunate to have been able to spend time at the Babalu Blog booth yesterday and Saturday. Meeting and talking to the booth visitors is always a great experience.

The excitement and good ole fashioned fun people were having at CN was palpable. Three and even four generations of Cuban Americans together with smiles on their faces was a common sight. You felt as if you were in some sort of combination high school/college/family reunion mixed in with a fraternity or something of that nature. I know that description falls short of what it was like, but essentially one felt a part of something personal, bigger and more important there.

The sight of parents taking their kids by the booth and explaining what Babalu Blog and other C-A blogs are about was heartwarming. Even better were teenagers and 20-something kids coming by and dropping a donation for one of the "Miami Mafia" t-shirts while wearing a Cuba-themed shirt of their own. So much for waning nostalgia, huh?

As always, it was an immense pleasure to once again see old blogger friends and meet new ones. It was an honor, as always, to share the same booth and share stories with those individuals. I won't mention any names, because I know I'll forget one or two and I don't want to exclude anyone. So for those of you reading this who shook my hand, kissed my cheek and chatted with me for a few minutes, it was a pleasure to be in your presence.

Last, and certainly not last, I want to acknowledge the readers of this blog. As I was reminded often over the weekend, you're not large in number, but you're loyal. I don't do this as often as I should, so hear it goes:

To all my readers: A sincere and heartfelt Gracias and Thank You!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger CUBAWATCHER said...

Man, I wish I could have met you as well. Alas - I was only ac CN for Friday morning/afternoon. Anyhow, glad to hear you had such a wonderful time.

Best,

-Anatasio

9:20 PM, May 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home