[freedomtowernight_edited.jpg] 26th Parallel: Election Day

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Election Day

It was 7:20 AM. I made the very short drive over to my polling place to vote this morning. I walked in with a smile on my face, and the handful of people inside the room must have either thought I was crazy or wanted to kill me for being so chipper at sunrise.

Why was I happy? Simple. We get to have a say in who we want to lead our communities and our country. It's something I NEVER take for granted (too bad the Democratic Party rendered today's Florida primary to be invalid. Perhaps they don't take democracy as seriously as they should).

I got my "I Voted" sticker too! Must drive my liberal friends crazy.

Alberto at Babalu shares similar thoughts here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home