[freedomtowernight_edited.jpg] 26th Parallel: Hypocrite: Thy Name Is

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hypocrite: Thy Name Is

Well, didn't think I'd get back to blogging here by posting on this, but sometimes you just have to speak out when someone is severely wronged.

South Florida Daily Blog put up a post earlier today which without doubt and unabashedly libeled my friends George Moneo and Mike Pancier of Babalu Blog. See, the author of said post thinks that George and Mike, through their postings, can be compared to the likes of Jim Adkisson who murdered 2 people in East Tennessee last year for being liberals.

Sound ludicrous? Hard to believe that the comparisons were drawn? Sure, until you consider the source.

Take a look.
You don't have to go too far in the South Florida blogosphere to find similar screeds written by individuals blinded by their political ideology. It would be absurd for me to suggest that these folks in our own communities are about to snap and go out there and start killing liberals, but, as Orcinus points out, I think there's an important connection to be made between wackos the likes of Jim Adkisson and those who are into belching hate and bigotry on a daily basis as something they apparently view as a kind of sport and a manifestation of their devotion to today's Republican Party and America.
Absurd? Then why the "but", Rick? Why then bother continuing to make your twisted point? What's truly absurd, and quite frankly disturbing, is that you made the connection without any regard whatsoever for the implications of comparing two law-abiding bloggers with a cold-blooded murderer.

I attempted to leave a couple of comments at the above mentioned blog, but they were bravely deleted by Rick because, you know, Babalu (where I spend most of my blog-time) banned him a while back. Awww. Poor Babeeeeeeee. Perhaps it's been so long since I've posted or even cared about this guy that he forgot that he was always welcome to post his comments on this blog - my blog - without deletion or censorship - despite how ridiculous or idiotic they were (and believe me - they were).

Rick - here's your chance to respond. I shouldn't give a crap about you, not because you've earned it, but because you contribute absolutely nothing to intelligent and honest discourse (and please, don't point the finger at Babalu, because this is about me and you here, OK?). But I'm in a generous mood, so don't be shy.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rick said...

It takes you a month and a half to write this, Robert? Really? Amazing. But thanks for emailing me and giving me the heads up.

Here's what you do, Bob...go back reread the post, take a deep breath and calm down. Because then you'll see that Moneo's and Pancier's posts were linked to as examples of the hate and bigotry that is being belched on a daily basis as stated in the post. It's that kind of garbage that makes a guy like Adkisson think he's some sort of conservative savior by doing what he did.

You need to write more, Bob. Your comprehension skills suck.

And one other thing, don't keep repeating the lie that you don't stop by. You do, because I have your IP tagged and in addition, when you do it from that concrete building in Kendall, the g-server shows up nice and bright on my stat counter. You're not fooling anyone.

.

8:25 PM, February 12, 2009  
Blogger Robert said...

Rick,

Actually it took me about 5 minutes to write the post.

Go back to your stat counter and tell me how many times I've visited your site from the bunker in WESTCHESTER in the past 6 months. Four? Five? I'm sure you keep those stats close by, so please share them with us. Besides, who gives a crap about this besides you?

My comprehension skills are quite good, good enough to realize what you wrote was just plain nasty, vindictive, and completely indefensible (although you sure give it the old government try). "Similar screeds". "Exhibit A and Exhibit B". OK. Please tell me what all this means. My English is good, so don't throw me any of your BS smokescreens, please.

Bigotry? Yeah. Right.

You know what they say about "the more you open your mouth...."

8:53 PM, February 12, 2009  
Blogger Rick said...

Similar screeds, Robert, like the ones that Hannity, Limbaugh, and O'Reilly dish out and who were cited in the Orcinus post that I quoted from. I mean it's all there. Why do I need to spoon feed you? I'm done.

But as I leave, let me explain one thing to you. I have linked to Babalu and you since I've been blogging. I have criticized you both, to be sure, but I have recognized posts that I thought merited attention. Mike's photography and his recent tribute to his mother, Val's personal posts and memories and things that you have posted here. And yet still I get banned and my links from SFDB get blocked just because I have a difference of opinion and I use my blog to express them. And then you expect me to leave your comments up? As if.

And now get set for the 4 letter words and the ranting and the vulgarities as your bros find this post.

You guys are so predictable.

Later.

.

9:08 PM, February 12, 2009  
Blogger Robert said...

You've demonstrated that you don't have a clue about Hannity, Limbaugh or O'Reilly, so any comparison drawn, whether from you or anyone else, is ridiculously false. And stop using the Ornicus post as a crutch, because it was YOU who drew the parallel between George and Mike and the murderer. At least have the guts and integrity to admit that. It's not like you haven't done this before, although today's post takes the cake.

You can link to the "nice" Babalu posts all you want, but it doesn't give you or anyone else the license to turn around and libel them as thugs or as being akin to a murderer.

You're constant and obsessive whining about Babalu falls on deaf ears as far as I'm concerned, because you've done an equal amount of shit-throwing in that dance. The moment you're honest with yourself and realize this, the better off we'll all be. In the meantime, you continue to come off as a bitter, jealous man who is very intolerant of other views (thus the hypocrisy part) and deeply resents the attention Babalu receives in the media and in high circles. Don't you realize that you banned Babalu for the same reason they banned you? It's so obvious it's not even funny!

Lastly, remember this: I proudly write for Babalu, but the views I express on Babalu, SFDB and especially here are strictly mine and no one else's.

10:02 PM, February 12, 2009  
Blogger Michael Pancier Photography said...

Ricki Tiki, you need psychological help.

How my link to Blazing Saddles makes me a bigot who is promulgating hate and violence?

Just like you were too dunce to get a quote from Animal House.

Your arguments make no sense. It's clear you suffer from Paranoid Personality Disorder. I'm sure your MMPI score would be all over the chart on the DSM IV.

You obviously need to seriously get laid or something or perhaps you should go back to smoking weed; get a few lap dances rather than spending your entire day wanking about us.

You need to chill out .....

You sould like those kooks who say that Bush and Mossad bombed the WTC. In fact, you sound like Cynthia McKinney ...

To quote Willam Shatner on SNL 30 years ago, "Get a Life!" Be happy and stop being so angry with the world dude....there's so much more to the world than worrying about us.

1:02 AM, February 13, 2009  
Blogger Robert said...

When you don't have a valid argument to stand on, the easy but cowardly thing to do is to attack, attack, and attack some more.

9:27 AM, February 13, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home