[freedomtowernight_edited.jpg] 26th Parallel: A Re-Introduction

Monday, February 16, 2009

A Re-Introduction

Well, it's been a while since I've blogged here on a fairly regular basis, but the recent posts hopefully are a sign that we're back and at least providing a few posts a week, instead of one or two every month or so.

In many ways I've felt guilty for not posting here, for not checking this blog's e-mail account, and definitely for not notifying my partner Jonathan of the hiatus. I'm not going to list all the reasons for this (quite frankly I'm not sure I can identify all of them), but simply stated, I guess I just needed some time off from blogging regularly. I'm not sure if I'll ever be a daily blogger since I just have too much on my plate, but a few interesting posts every once in a while shouldn't be too much to ask for.

I also didn't like the direction some of my posts and feelings were veering towards during the summer of 2008. I've always attempted to create an environment of tolerance and open discussion, and while I have never been shy about expressing my feelings on a host of controversial issues, I try to stay away from the hate-mongering even if I sometimes failed in this regard.

Fortunately, the past few months have enabled me to "reset" some and also to check out some recently-discovered blogs and sites. I have updated the blog roll on the right to show some of these places I frequent on a regular basis, and I hope you do so as well. Also note the new e-mail address (one that IS checked regularly).

Thanks for sticking around!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm surprised you didn't delist THE KING OF THE BLOGOSPHERE; after all, he delisted you.

7:14 PM, February 16, 2009  
Blogger Robert said...

Nope. And he won't be, either. You can consider it me trying to make a point about those who criticize others for excluding or banning shouldn't behave the same way.

7:55 PM, February 16, 2009  
Blogger Rick said...

Principled! Lead by example! I love it!

Welcome back!

.

10:53 PM, February 16, 2009  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Robert, welcome back. My email to your blogspot address bounce. Can you email me? Thanks.

11:45 PM, February 17, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back Robert, I've missed your always insightful posts.

1:01 AM, February 19, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home