[freedomtowernight_edited.jpg] 26th Parallel: True Lessons

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

True Lessons

I don't care how many lessons African-American elites tell us we need to learn from Gatesgate. I don't care about the educational background of said elites. What I do care about are people's words and actions. Watching the video below really brought it home for me because, in the end, I believe the vast majority of decent Americans judge and treat someone based on their character, not their color.



Seeing Jim Crowley's fellow officers stick up for him the way they have teaches more of a lesson about basic human dignity and respect than anything uttered recently by the likes of Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Henry Gates, Leonard Pitts, and, yes, Barack Obama.

(Video courtesy of Drudge)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen.

8:12 PM, July 28, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home