[freedomtowernight_edited.jpg] 26th Parallel: Moving On

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Moving On

To all 26th Parallel readers, old and new:

This, the 1,087th post on this blog since its inception in March 2005, will be its last. Don't fear, however. Your humble correspondent is beginning a new blog called...(drumroll please)...

Searching for Signs

There's no single reason for the switch, but really more of a combination of lack of inspiration, a slight change in focus and perhaps a fresh start of sorts to get me back in the blogging mode. There are some different topics and areas I'd like to explore in further depth that I felt I couldn't or didn't want to do on 26th Parallel for whatever reason. Nonetheless, I will miss posting on this blog. Even after taking into consideration the often sporadic posting schedule, after almost 5 years it becomes a part of you. Because of this, I have decided to leave 26th Parallel up for "posterity" and as an occasional source of reference material for the new blog.

I'd like to thank Jonathan for agreeing to team up with me and contribute many great photos, posts and commentary to 26th Parallel. I would also like to thank Val Prieto for giving me the inspiration to start this blog.

Most of all, I thank everyone reading this post for your readership and participation over the past 4+ years. We've had some interesting comment threads in this most humble blog, and even though some of the discussions were tense, I'd like to think that I tried to give everyone a chance to contribute diverse opinions even if I didn't always succeed in that respect.

The overall content and style of the new blog won't be a lot different than 26th Parallel. In fact, aside from the new blogging platform and URL, you likely won't notice a big difference. It's still me, after all, and I haven't been abducted by aliens. Some of the topics I'll cover with greater frequency include religion, sports and basically different facets of my interests, hobbies and other relatively mundane activities (something I didn't do enough of here). In other words, Searching for Signs will be a bit more personal (including the lifting of whatever anonymity I have left). I already have a few posts in the can and I hope to start rolling them out in the next couple of days.

Once again, thanks to ALL of you for being a part of 26th Parallel. See you at Searching for Signs!

5 Comments:

Blogger Val Prieto said...

Where ever you go, we go with you.

8:04 PM, December 16, 2009  
Blogger Michael Pancier Photography said...

Good luck dude

9:07 PM, December 16, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I feel like it's an end to an era. Ditto what Val said, and I look forward to reading the new blog.

4:00 AM, December 17, 2009  
Blogger Melek said...

Ditto on the above comments Robert!

Look forward to following the signs to Searching for Signs ... ;)

I wish you well :) Melek

"If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lives a great street sweeper who did his job well." ~ MLK

9:36 AM, December 17, 2009  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Thanks, Robert, both for blogging and for allowing me to contribute. Looking forward to following your new blog.

6:38 AM, December 19, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home