[freedomtowernight_edited.jpg] 26th Parallel: Good News Sunday

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Good News Sunday

I like the idea of posting good stuff more often, so perhaps I'll make it a habit to post something positive at least once a week.

This latest item is of a personal nature. Last month I posted here and here about a job that I applied for.

Well, I got it. I was notified on August 30th, almost a month ago.

Why then did it take me so long to post this? First and foremost, I got the call the day the flooding peaked in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. I was in quite a funk for several days after the hurricane destroyed New Orleans, and was in no mood to post about personal successes when people were dying from a storm which hit Miami only days before. I had no interest in posting about anything other than the storm and the aftermath, and even that was half-hearted. Now, with Rita hitting further west along the Gulf Coast, the misery continues, albeit not as bad as Katrina.

Anyway, I start my new job in 2 weeks. It's in the same location, so I don't have to move. The job will have much more responsibility, a bit more travel, and more public exposure (no, not THAT kind of exposure - ;) I will try to keep up the blogging at a respectable level, but I foresee a reduction in the number of posts. Nevertheless, I will continue to entertain and inform the few but loyal 26th Parallel fans out there.

Thanks for reading and for the show of support during my job quest!

2 Comments:

Blogger AmandaDufau said...

Great news. Congratulations!

9:40 PM, September 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WTG congrats dude

11:38 AM, September 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home